Saturday, April 13, 2013

Meet the Children!


                                                Visiting Bleidis and Maria in 2011



These are the special children that I plan to visit in July! The first two children are siblings that I visited in the summer of 2011. Their names are Bleidis and Maria. These two little girls live in Barranquilla, Colombia with their mom and stepdad. They are very sweet and they love school. I have sponsored Bleidis for a little over two years and after meeting her little sister, Maria, I decided to sponsor her also and became her sponsor few months ago. Both girls live in a home that has one large living area with a corner designated as the kitchen and there is one bedroom. When I visited the home, there was only one small sofa and two small tables  in the living area and two beds in the bedroom. They also use an open field for sanitary purposes, meaning there is no bathroom. One of my goals to help construct a bathroom/washroom/shower for the family in the future if I can.  Bleidis enjoys reading and wants to be a vet one day, and Maria has just started school. These little girls are the sweetest and they have very loving and supportive parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment