Friday, August 2, 2013

After we found our countries on the globe that I had brought for him and after he had finished opening his gifts. it was time to load up into the van to visit Andrea Carolina who does not live far from Leonardo. Andrea Carolina's home was a little tricky to get to because it is further up the mountain. We had to get out and climb a very step and rocky path to get to her home. When we arrived, the family was sitting in the front yard. Andrea Carolina and I recognized each other and she ran to give me a hug. It was so sweet! All of her siblings were there too, her older brother, younger sister, and youngest brother who is only 3 years old. I was able to see the inside of the home which is only a one room building and  it has 2 beds. I did not see anything else and I did not take photos of the home, but I think that some of the CI staff took photos. Since it was so hot inside, we decided to have Andrea open her presents outside in the sitting area. The CI staff took pictures of this also, as in my excitement, I forgot to give them my camera to take photos of this. Andrea liked everything, especially her bracelets and sunglasses. Photos were taken and I had to decide if I had enough funds to take the whole family with us on the outing. My original plan was to take Leonardo and Andrea with one parent each, but I learned that the whole family wanted to come along and they looked very sad, so we all hopped in to the van! Lunch would have to be very slim pickings on this outing with 8 adults and 5 children! :)

 
Andrea and me after the climb up to their home. As you can see I look a little peaked and my hair has had it!


 



 


We all loaded the van and on the way, little Leonardo asked if his siblings could join us. We decided that we could pick up his little sister, Milagro, from her school. Milagro is a little sweetie and she is five years old, the same as little Elizabeth, who is Andrea's younger sister. On the way to the mall, I was able to record Leonardo and Andrea Carolina, as they sang a song and as I interviewed them. They probably both were trying to figure out who this lady was who spoke funny Spanish and I am glad that Emily, my translator, was there! A funny part is when Leonardo says that he is nine years old (nueve) when he is actually 8 years old. His mom quickly corrects him.






Leonardo and Andrea Carolina sing and answer a few questions :)





No comments:

Post a Comment