Friday, August 2, 2013

 
 
Homes behind Leonardo's home on the mountain
 
As we travelled from the community center, we soon came upon a group of houses on a hill and I was told that Leonardo lived in one of these houses. There are many other houses that are constructed on a mountain that leads up behind Leonardo's group of homes. Everything is sort of a blur now, but I remember climbing the steps to Leonardo's home and seeing Leonardo and his mother coming out to greet us. I recognized his mom from a family photo that had been sent by CI. We exchanged greetings and hugs and Leonardo planted a kiss on my cheek. It was very sweet. He looked exactly like he does in his annual photos :)

After we went inside I was able to see that the home has one large living area and one bedroom that is divided by a curtain so that there are 2 separate areas in the bedroom. They have 3 beds and I was able to go outside in the backyard to see that Leonardo's family has an outhouse that is in need of renovations. I hope to set up a fundraiser to see if new walls can be constructed for the outhouse, and I want to see I can get some bunkbeds and a wardrobe for Leonardo's bedroom. Maybe this will help some. I wish I had more money!!!!

 Leonardo, age 8 with his mother
 


Leonardo looks at some of his gifts in his bedroom




 Leonardo's living area




Leonardo's bedroom walls

No comments:

Post a Comment