Wednesday, July 31, 2013

After shopping, the family was able to get some groceries. As mom shopped, Bleidys and I tried to communicate to each other about the various kinds of fruits that we have in our countries. The grocery stores are very nice in the mall and security is very visible. All bags are checked upon entering and exiting the store. And at the very end of our mall trip, the girls had a chance to get ice cream, which they loved! Our ride back home was sad for me because I realized that our day was coming to a close. We took a few more photos of the girls with the items we had bought and then we said our good byes with hugs and kisses.










 Everything on this day was a whirlwind of activity and I wish that more details would remain with me but one thing I know is that I love these girls and this family and I hope that I can continue to be a committed  and able sponsor in their lives. They have a lot of potential and support from their families and they have a deep faith in God, which they have communicated to me.  I reminded Bleidys to listen to her mom, which I think mom appreciated. Her mom's face lit up a bit as she nodded in agreement, because I can see that Miss Bleidys is definitely going to be her own person with definite ideas. Little Maria seems to be a little more  reserved, but she's coming out some.









Spending the day with this family  was one of the best days in my life. I hope that will be able to visit them again in the future and help the girls  as they continue to grow and develop into lovely and productive young women in the community, with a good education and promising economic opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment