Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Updates

These past 2 weeks have been busy as I have made appointments to see my doctor and dentist to make sure that I have all meds and tooth business taken care of before leaving. I just finished taking the typhoid meds and now have to remember to take the medicine for malaria a couple of days before leaving. I also have meds for travel sickness, which was recommended by Passport Health. I did get sick a little in 2011, the very last day of the trip.

This week I went out and bought small gifts for the children, watches and whistle for the boys, bracelets, hairbands, and nail polish for the girls. I plan to order some shark teeth necklaces for the boys, maybe some other small gifts for the girls. I will still pick up some things for their siblings and make goody bags for all of the kids. On the last trip I filled a suitcase with gifts, but this time, I will let them pick out outfits and a toy/or other item when they go shopping. A few other sponsors are sending clothing and other small items for the group sponsored children.

I have started packing and it looks like I'll be able to pack everything in one suitcase and carry on bag. I also plan to take my small computer, tablet, smartphone, and camera for plenty of photos and updates while I am there. I am so excited!! I also heard back from the 3 Banderas hotel about the airport shuttle and I also wanted to know if they could make my van arrangements for traveling to Barranquilla on Monday. They said that they could help out with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment