Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Made It!

After an interesting day on the train to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and a very nice plane ride, I finally landed in Cartagena, Colombia. Another exciting and scary ride down through the busy city led me to the 3 Banderas Hotel. It is very quaint and quiet here, located on one of the side streets away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets in the Old City.  The staff is young and they are very helpful, did everything they could to secure a van to Barranquilla in the morning so that I can visit Bleidys and Maria. After a number of tries. they finally located one that can take me straight to the CI office in Barranquilla., but the catch is, I have to be ready at 5:30 a.m. :)

After a leisurely stroll through one of the plazas in the city and after eating  dinner, I organized the gifts that I will be taking tomorrow. I have to pack everything for Bleidys and Maria as well as gifts for Leonardo and Andrea Carolina, since I will be leaving to go there directly after the Barranquilla visit. Leonardo and Andrea Carolina live in Santa Marta, about an hour away from Barrquilla.

I found out that I may be able to take Bleidys and Maria to the zoo, if they would rather do this than visit the arcades, although I know that it will be sooo hot! We'll see what they choose and after shopping for outfits, I hope that be able to get a few groceries for the family.

Now to get my cameras ready for photos and videos!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to know that you're visiting your children already! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brooke. It was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete