Friday, July 12, 2013

Updates

This has been a very busy week as far as trying to organize things for the trip. Things are not so hectic this time since this is the second trip and since I am not as nervous about the trip, I am afraid that I may forget to do something!

I did receive some sad news and that is that I will not be able to see Sonia or Francisco this time.
Since Sonia is no longer in the program, I knew that this was a long shot. Her family may not be able to be located since she moved out of the home of her aunt, who she was staying with the last time. I am thankful, that CI did try to arrange for her to come. Francisco's home situation is very unstable right now and so I will not be able to meet with him but I plan to take some gifts to the CI office that they will be able to deliver to him. Francisco is the group sponsored child that some of us helped to construct a room for and we provided bunk beds and bathroom renovations. I hope that he is okay and will miss not being able to visit him...

So these are the children that I plan to visit, top row, left to right:

Andrea Carolina from Santa Marta, Maria from Barranquilla, Leonardo from Santa Marta

Bottom row, left to right:

Nelson from Cartagena, Bleidys from Barranquilla, Yiseth from Cartagena


Maria and Bleidys are sisters and Yiseth and Nelson are brother and sister. I also plan to have their little sister, Melanie, come along :)


No comments:

Post a Comment