Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm Getting There






Okay, now I have my 3 bags packed and almost ready to go. I need to make a quick stop in the morning to get one more thing. Today I have been busy getting little things that I might need and trying to remember how to pack everything, once for the train and then for the plane. I hope that bags that are checked are not jostled about too much since the children's gifts are in one of those bags and I don't want gifts to get mixed up. since some of their plastic gifts bags are not fully closed. Now, I am trying to make sure that all of my electronic equipment is fully charged and I am loading songs onto my tablet for the long train ride to Ft. Lauderdale.

The plan is:

Travel on the way Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow evening
Change trains in Cary, NC
Be in Ft. Lauderdale Sat. evening
Take the flight to Cartagena Sun. morning
Travel to Barranqilla by van Mon. morning to meet Bleidys and Maria
Travel to Santa Marta Mon. evening to meet Leonardo and Andrea Maria Tues. morning
Return to Cartagena Tues. evening (this should be the longest day)
Free Day on Wednesday-Walking Tour of the Old City with Kristi
Visit Yiseth, Nelson, and Melani on Thursday
Travel back to Ft. Lauderdale



Instead of doing a tour with Dora the Explorer, I am doing a walking tour with a lady named Kristy. It is a free tour of the Old City which I am looking forward to. I would like to do a bus tour, but I am not sure if I will have time, since I hope to do a lot of blogging during free time. I may take Bleidys and Maria to the zoo or a well known park if they do not want to do the arcades this time. They seemed to be a little apprehensive of some of the rides on the first visit. But I know how hot it will be outside at the zoo or park. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment