Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 2 Continued

Bleidys and Maria were with their parents when we pulled up to the home. We all exchanged hugs and the girls were radiant. They are both beautiful and loving children. When we went inside of the home, I did not think that they were in the same home that they were in on my visit because things looked so different. I remember asking them how long they had been in the new home. On my first visit, there was only one large room with a small sofa on in the middle and a small corner with a burner and refrigerator for the kitchen. But now, after I realized that this was the same home, the family has been able to make some additions such as tables and very pretty  chairs, curtains, and most important of all, a new sanitary facility that the girls' aunt has been able to provide for the family. So the sanitary area is now where the kitchen use to be, and the kitchen area was moved to another corner area.  Their mom showed me the new burners we had been able to get for them with a fundraiser. Their mom showed me the bedroom area with the new TV that we were also able to get for them also. The family looked so happy and proud of everything that they had been able to accomplish!

The family in 2011, with in front of the kitchen area. They had the one sofa in the living area.


2013



 The family presents me with a beautiful painting and roses. What a sweet family!




 The girls, mom, and me inside of the home. The poster that the girls made is behind us.

Both mom and I are a little teary.


Posing with Maria and the beautiful roses



The bathroom in the corner where the kitchen use to be


New chairs, the bathroom and the bedroom for the family is behind the curtains





The family then presented me with a very nice painting of Colombian musical instruments. I love the colors of the painting. Bleidys told me the name of each musical instrument and the girls had also make a beautiful poster for me that had words of appreciation for me. It was so sweet and a very thoughtful thing for them to do.

1 comment:

  1. What lovely photos and such a sweet welcome!

    ReplyDelete